The giro account is defined by statutory regulations of the Republic of Croatia as the account to which you receive your self-employment income either in the form of cash or as remittance from natural or legal persons.
You can dispose of funds in your giro account by using your debit card to:
- withdraw cash
- make payments to accounts of payment system participants
- make account-to-account transfers
- You earn interest on your giro account balance. Interest is calculated and accrued at year-end.
- You receive an account statement with due expenses (current account debit specification and date) once a month free of charge.
- For easier transactions and overview of account balance and movements, you can use your Maestro card and telephone and/or online banking services.